November 01, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm - Johnstone Grand Rapids
In this course, participants will study the basic operation and maintenance of hot water boilers and hydronic systems. Students learn to identify and understand the operation of boiler components and hot water piping arrangements. Installation, service, and troubleshooting issues will also be covered.
- Types of hot water boilers including the difference between high mass and low mass
- Boiler system components and their function – used for safety and control
- Different types of piping arrangements and their applications
- The function of hot water circulating pumps and zone valve operation
- Compare and contrast different types of hot water terminal devices
- Operation of radiant hot water systems for in-floor heating and snow melt
- Basic installation practices including proper location of expansion tanks
- How to service and troubleshoot common system issues
Class Includes: Study material, class instruction, breakfast, box lunch. 7:30am registration & breakfast. Class 8am-Noon. $79pp
Class Location: Johnstone Supply 4757 Clyde Park SW / Grand Rapids MI 49509
Registration is closed for this event.