November 16, 2023 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm - Johnstone South Bend
This course is designed for both new and experienced HVAC technicians who install, service and repair residential and light commercial air-to-air split-system heat pumps. An emphasis will be placed on components that are used to operate a heat pump as well as the understanding of electrical devices, wiring diagrams, troubleshooting and repair.
• Understanding how an air-to-air heat pump operates
• Calculating the SEER and COP of a heat pump
• Simplifying the Reversing Valve
• How Heat Pump Thermostats differ from
• Understanding how the Defrost Cycle operates
• Why Auxiliary Heat is needed with a Heat Pump
• Strategies for adding a Heat Pump to a
conventional Heating System
Instructor: Don Steeby – professor of HVAC at GRCC
Location: JOHNSTONE SOUTH BEND / 3220 Rosetta Place Drive / South Bend, IN 46628
Registration & refreshments 8am / boxed lunches to go after class / $79pp.
Note: This class will focus on conventional heat pumps that are used in conjunction with residential furnace applications. Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pumps will be covered under a separate class.
Registration is closed for this event.