February 15, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm - Crossroads Grand Rapids
This course is designed to instruct students on how to properly size piping for gas-fired appliances and equipment. Students will be given examples of building layouts showing gas-fired appliances and will be required to calculate the proper size and length of gas piping for each appliance. These exercises can be used to determine if the existing piping in a building is correctly sized.
In addition, students will learn the proper procedure for venting gas-fired equipment. Information will be covered that explains venting codes as well as different types of venting materials required for different types of appliances.
- How to use piping tables to correctly size gas pipe
- Compare different methods for choosing the correct type and size piping materials
- Standard gas pipe installation practices
- When to use single-wall, double-wall, PVC, and polypropylene venting materials
- Installation and termination practices for different types of venting materials
- How to determine proper combustion air requirements for gas-fired appliances
- The difference between a confined and non-confined space based on combustion air
Class Includes: Study material, class instruction, refreshments. 7:30am registration & refreshments. Class 8am-Noon.
Class Location: Crossroads Conference Center / 6611 Clay Avenue / Grand Rapids 49548
This event is full.