December 01, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm - Johnstone South Bend
This class is designed to familiarize the student with the proper operation of fuel oil fired furnaces and boilers. An understanding of the basic components that make up an oil-fired system will be covered as well as the skills required to properly startup and test the equipment’s functionality. Troubleshooting, repair and combustion testing of oil-fired appliances will also be included.
• Characteristics of fuel oil
• Differences between One-pipe and Two-pipe systems
• Components that make up an oil burner and their functionality
• Comparing different types of nozzles
• How to properly set the electrodes
• Control characteristics of the oil burner, cad cell versus stack relay
• Methods of venting and draft regulation
• Maintenance, troubleshooting and combustion testing
Instructor: Don Steeby – Professor of HVAC at Grand Rapids Community College
Class Includes: Study material, class instruction, box lunch & refreshments. 8:30am registration. Class 9am-Noon. $89pp
Class Location: Johnstone Supply 3220 Rosetta Place Drive / South Bend, IN 46628
Registration is closed for this event.