December 12, 2023 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm - Johnstone Grand Rapids
This course is designed to instruct students on how to properly size piping for gas-fired appliances and equipment. Students will be given examples of building layouts showing gas-fired appliances and will be required to calculate the proper size and length of gas piping for each appliance. The use of Corrugated Stainless-Steel Tubing (CSST) for gas delivery systems will be discussed.
In addition, students will learn the proper procedure for venting gas-fired equipment. Information will be covered that explains venting codes as well as different types of venting materials required for different types of appliances.
- How to use piping tables to correctly size gas pipe
- Standard gas pipe installation practices
- When to use single-wall, double-wall, PVC, and polypropylene venting materials
- Installation and termination practices for different types of venting materials
- How to determine proper combustion air requirements for gas-fired appliances
- The difference between a confined and non-confined space based on combustion air
Class Includes: Study material, class instruction, refreshments. 8:00am registration & refreshments. Class 8:30am-Noon. $79
Class Location: Johnstone Grand Rapids: 4757 Clyde Park SW / GR, MI 49509